We want to provide you with TIPS for the correct operation and use of health measures in clinics and health centers.
Advice and recommendations of what sanitary measures to take:
- It is probable that what we knew as "normality" takes a long time to return to our lives, therefore the first thing is to adapt and accept that all these measures are going to be prolonged in time.
- We know that the virus spreads easily through droplets of saliva and by direct contact with infected secretions. Healthcare personnel are exposed to the risk of contagion, above all because in many cases a closer contact is necessary since the working distance is less than one meter. For this reason, sanitary barriers must be established with the use of FFP2 masks, gloves, disposable gown, hat and eye protection such as glasses or screens.
- We also recommend the correct choice of PPE to be used.
- Basic PPE: not enough at this time.
- Intermediate PPE: sufficient for reception staff.
- Reinforced PPE: for the rest of the personnel involved in patient care.
- Hand hygiene is essential before and after each patient.
- To avoid patients accumulating in the waiting rooms, it is vital to keep the consultation under a strict schedule and to reinforce punctuality in patients.
- All work surfaces must be disinfected immediately after each patient. Cleaning will be carried out with a sodium hypochlorite solution containing ppm of active chlorine. This type of virus is inactivated after 5 minutes of contact with normal disinfectants. We recommend that you scrupulously follow all the usual disinfection and sterilization rules.
- Within the patient's medical history, include epidemiological and clinical criteria: ask if they have any symptoms related to COVID-19, if they have been in direct contact with any infected person.
All health personnel must protect themselves, so it is necessary to assume our professional responsibility in this task.